Community Services - Center for Social Medicine
Current Activities / News..
- Details of Community Research and Extension Projects from External & Internal funding during 2009-13
- HIV/AIDS & Family Life Education - For Adolescent & youth Population of Rural Areas of Maharashtra
Pravara Medical Trust, Loni, in collaboration with Stina and Birgir Johanasson foundation, Linkoping, Sweden had completed a project on HIV/AIDS & FAMILY LIFE EDUCATION for adolescent and youth population in 100 villages.
- Mother NGO - Reproductive and Child Health Project
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India has recognized Pravara Medical Trust, Loni as a Mother NGO for implementing its World Bank assisted Reproductive and Child Health Scheme in Maharashtra
- Rural Tele-health Project
The organization believes in the role of Information Communications Technologies (ICTs) as an effective tool to empower rural communities and also to improve service delivery.
- Pathfinder International Mukta Project
Pathfinder is implementing a targeted intervention for groups at risk project, known locally as Mukta, in 11 high prevalence districts of Maharashtra.
- SIDA Supported- Developing A Multi-Sectoral Approach Model for Sustainable Health & Development
Pravara Medical Trust, Loni in collaboration with Linkoping University, County Council of Osterogoland and University of Skovde, Sweden designed a unique “ Multisectoral Approach Model for sustainable health & development in 235 selected villages of Ahmednagar district, Maharashtra
- Paediatric Cardiac Surgery Project
In keeping with the tradition of achieviing new goals and reaching new horizons, Pravara Medical Trust started Cardio-thoracic surgery in collaboration with Linkoping University, Sweden.
- Community Health & Development Centers
Pravara Medical Trust , Loni has established eigth Community Health & Development Centers at villages (Pathare, Rahata, Kolhar KD, Babhleshwar, Zarekathi, Lohare, Rajur, Shendi) in Ahmednagar District, to deliver the services at their door steps free of cost with active participation of community.