Post Graduate Admission 2017
(MD/MS/PG Diploma and MDS)
Admission to Medical Postgraduate/ Dental Postgraduate Courses for academic year 2017-18
About the Institute :
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences was given a status of Deemed University from 29th September, 2003 by Human Resource Development Ministry, Govt. of India on the advise of UGC under section (3) of UGC Act 1956 vide their notification No. F-9-11/2000-U.3.
Intake Capacity of Merit/ General Category seats of MD/MS/PG Diploma courses:
|Obst & Gynecology||2||2|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||1||-|
|Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||1||-|
Intake Capacity Merit/ General Category seats of MDS Course: Rural Dental College
|Paedodontics & Preventive Dentistry||1|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||1|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||1|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||1|
Duration of Degree course: Three years course.
Duration of Diploma course : Two years course.
The respective Colleges are recognized by U.G.C (University Grants Commission) / M.C.I. (Medical Council of India) /D.C.I. (Dental Council of India) for both Undergradaute and post graduate courses.
ADMISSION PROCESS 2017 :-
- The Government of Maharashtra has passed "The Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Education Institutions (Regulating of Admission & Fees) Act 2015". As per the act the State Government has published the rules in Maharashtra Government Gazette No.CET 1215/C.R.412/15/Edu-2, dated 19/01/2017. The Government of Maharashtra has also Published G.R. No. CET- 3516/C.R.No.478/16/Edu-2, Dated 20/01/2017 regarding combined counseling & centralized admission process for Deemed University Medical and Dental postgraduate courses for academic year 2017-18
- As per notification no. State CET CELL/ PG/ Medical/ Dental/ Admission/ Notice No.1/ 50/ 2017, dated 24/ 01/ 2017, the combined selection procedure for the post graduate courses at Govt./Corporation/Unaided Private/ Deemed University and Minority Medical Colleges situated in the State of Maharashtra is being carried out in accordance with the rules and orders issued by Government from time to time and on the basis of directions/decisions given by Hon’ble Court in various court orders.
This procedure is applicable only to the seats at disposal of Competent Authority, State CET Cell, for Unaided Private/ Deemed University and Minority Colleges admissions for the year 2017-2018. No promise is implied therein for subsequent years and no expectations should be based on this procedure for future.
HOW TO APPLY :
All the desirous candidates are requested to visit the website of Director Medical Education and Research, Maharashtra state (http://www.dmer.org).
WHO CAN APPLY :
- Nature of deemed universities is All India, hence all Indian national who fulfils eligibility criteria are eligible to participate in this process.
- For admissions to postgraduate/diploma courses at Deemed University colleges candidates who have passed final MBBS/BDS examination from the MCI recognized Medical Colleges/ DCI recognized Dental College situated in India and completed/completing one year internship training by 31/03/2017 are eligible.
- Candidate who have passed MBBS/ BDS examination from foreign University are not eligible for NEET-PG 2017 admission process.
- All Candidates desirous to take admission for MD/MS/PG Diploma/MDS courses under merit/general category Deemed University must have appeared for NEET-PG 2017 and declared eligible by National Board of Examinations, New Delhi.
Fee Strucutre : For detailed fee structure please Click here
All the desirous candidates to are requested to visit the website of Director Medical Education and Research, Maharashtra state (http://www.dmer.org) regularly for detailed process of admission.
Note : Above process is only for Admission to 50% Merit/ General Category seats. A separate process will be operated by University for admission to 50% Management/ Institutional quota.